Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Favorite Photos from 2008 - Food

A man sells rice crackers and nuts from his street-side stand in Damascus, Syria (see original posts I, II and III)
Pyramids of baklava dress the windows of a pastry shop in Damascus, Syria (see original posts I, II and III)
Aromatic spices and teas for sale by the scoop in Damascus, Syria (see original posts I, II and III)
Men deftly twirl pastry dough, which will later be topped with ground lamb and baked like mini pizzas, in Aleppo, Syria (see original posts I, II and III)
Endless varieties of seafood pintxos (small plates) entice diners in San Sebastian, Spain (see original posts I and II)
White, ruby and tawny port for tasting at the Graham cellars in Porto, Portugal (see original posts I, II, III and IV)
Churros con chocolate, a popular treat in Seville, Spain (see original posts I, II and III)
Every kind of exotic fruit imaginable can be found at Mercat de la Boqueria in Barcelona, Spain (see original post)Fried spider is on the menu in Kampong Cham, Cambodia (see original posts I and II)
A woman opens a steamy container of fluffy pork-filled buns in Hanoi, Vietnam (see original posts I, II, III and IV)

No comments: